TEAAND TOAST INC., operating as the Association of Eldercare Planners ("Company" or "We") respect yourprivacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
· Howwe collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our membersand website users ("you").
· Describesthe types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide whenyou visit the website www.eldercareplanners.ca(our "Website").
· Ourpractices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing thatinformation.
Wewill only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unlessotherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personalinformation that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, andused for limited purposes.
Privacylaws in Canada generally define "personal information" as anyinformation about an identifiable individual, which includes information thatcan be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, orlocate a single person. Personal information does not include business contactinformation, including your name, title, or business contact information.
Thispolicy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
· Onthis Website.
· Inemail, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
· Throughmobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which providededicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
· Whenyou interact with our advertising and applications on third party websites andservices if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
TheWebsite may include links to third party websites, plug-ins, services, socialnetworks, or applications. Clicking on those links or enabling thoseconnections may allow the third party to collect or share data about you. Ifyou follow a link to a third party website or engage a third party plugin,please note that these third parties have their own privacy policies and we donot accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We do notcontrol these third party websites, and we encourage you to read the privacypolicy of every website you visit.
Thispolicy DOES NOT apply to information that:
· Wecollect offline or through any other means, including on any other company orthird party website.
· Youprovide to or is collected by any third party (including our affiliates andsubsidiaries), through any application or content (including advertising) thatmay link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Pleaseread this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices forcollecting, processing, and storing your information. If you do not agree withour policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessingor using this Website, you indicate that you understand, accept, and consent tothe practices described in this policy. This policy may change from time totime. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes indicates thatyou accept and consent to those changes, so please check the policyperiodically for updates. We will notify you in advance of any material changesto this policy and obtain your consent to any new ways that we collect, use,and disclose your personal information.
INFORMATIONWE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Wecollect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
· Personal information, that we can reasonablyuse to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address,e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used toconnect your computer to the Internet, username or other similar identifier,billing, credit card information and account information, and any otheridentifier we may use to contact you ("personal information").
Weprovide an opportunity for any user to unsubscribe from our mailing list oropt-out of contact for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis by using theunsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails or by e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Non-personal information, that does not directly orindirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiableindividual, demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information.Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, butwe may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personalinformation. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculatethe percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
· Technical information, including your logininformation, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in typesand versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internetconnection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
· Non-personal details aboutyour Website interactions,including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, throughand from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searchedfor, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages,page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call ourcustomer service number.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Weuse different methods to collect your information, including through:
· Direct interactions withyou when you provide it to us, for example,by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
· User contributions. You may also provideinformation for us to publish or display on public Website areas or transmit toother Website users or third parties.
· Automated technologies orinteractions,as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically mayinclude usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies,web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
· Third parties or publiclyavailable sources,for example, our business partners.
InformationYou Provide to Us
Theinformation we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
· Informationthat you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes informationprovided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to ourservice, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask youfor information when you report a problem with our Website.
· Recordsand copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contactus.
· Yourresponses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Youmay also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of theWebsite or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties(collectively, "User Contributions").Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your ownrisk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that nosecurity measures are perfect. Additionally, we cannot control the actions ofother users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will notview your User Contributions.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH COOKIES AND OTHER AUTOMATIC DATACOLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
· Detailsof your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, andother communication data and the resources that you access and use on theWebsite.
· Informationabout your computer and internet connection, including your IP address,operating system, and browser type.
Wemay also use these technologies to collect information about your onlineactivities over time and across third party websites or other online services(behavioral tracking).
Theinformation we collect automatically is statistical data and may includepersonal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personalinformation we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive fromthird parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better andmore personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimateour audience size and usage patterns.
· Storeinformation about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websiteaccording to your individual interests.
· Speedup your searches.
· Recognizeyou when you return to our Website.
Thetechnologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Flash Cookies. Certain features of ourWebsite may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and storeinformation about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website.Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used forbrowser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and securitysettings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and DiscloseYour Information.
· Web Beacons. Pages of our Website andour e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (alsoreferred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit theCompany, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened anemail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording thepopularity of certain website content and verifying system and serverintegrity).
Youcan opt-out of several third party ad servers' and networks' cookiessimultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. You can alsoaccess these websites to learn more about online behavioural advertising andhow to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of anetwork does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It doesmean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver adstailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
Wedo not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they are used.If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, youshould contact the responsible provider directly. For more information abouthow you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see ChoicesAbout How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
HOWWE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Weuse information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, includingany personal information:
· Topresent our Website and its contents to you.
· Toprovide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· Tofulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that weredescribed when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
· Toprovide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expirationand renewal notices.
· Tocarry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contractswith you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legalrequirements.
· Tonotify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer orprovide though it.
· Toimprove our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationshipsand experiences.
· Toallow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similarfeatures on our Website.
· Inany other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· Forany other purpose with your consent.
Wemay also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties'goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If youdo not want us to use your information in this way, please use the unsubscribemechanism at the bottom of our e-mail or e-mail us at email@example.com.For more information, see Choices About How WeUse and Disclose Your Information.
Wemay use the information we have collected from you to enable us to displayadvertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do notdisclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, ifyou click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser mayassume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSUREOF YOUR INFORMATION
· Toour subsidiaries and affiliates.
· Inaccordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of amerger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other saleor transfer of some or all of TEA & TOAST INC. 's assets, whether as agoing concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, inwhich personal information held by TEA & TOAST INC. about our customers andusers is among the assets transferred.
· To[BJH1] advertisers and advertising networksthat require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to youand others. We do not disclose data about identifiable individuals to ouradvertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users(for example, we may inform them that 400 women between 30 and 45 have clickedon their advertisement on a specific day). We may also use such aggregateinformation to help advertisers target a specific audience (for example, men ina specific location). We may make use of the personal information we havecollected from you to enable us to display our advertisers' advertisement tothat target audience.
· Tocontractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support ourbusiness (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us withWebsite improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated tokeep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for whichwe disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the samestandards set out in this policy.
· Forany other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· Withyour consent.
Wemay also disclose your personal information:
· Tocomply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to anygovernment or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
· Toenforce or apply our terms and conditions for services and other agreements,including for billing and collection purposes.
· Ifwe believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights,property, or safety of TEA & TOAST INC., our customers, or others. Thisincludes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for thepurposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CROSS-BORDERTRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wemay transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide asdescribed in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other thirdparties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engineproviders that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who arecontractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it onlyfor the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personalinformation with the same standards set out in this policy.
Wemay process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreigncountry, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive asCanadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement,or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to yourpersonal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever weengage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standardsadhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
Youare welcome to contact us to obtain further information about Company policiesregarding service providers outside of Canada.
Bysubmitting your personal information or engaging with the Website, you consentto this transfer, storage, or processing.
CHOICESABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Westrive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information youprovide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the followingcontrol over your information:
· Promotional Offers from theCompany.If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish tohave your email address used by the Company to promote our own or thirdparties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant boxlocated on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time bylogging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your accountprofile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an emailstating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ifwe have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking theunsubscribe link we have included in the email. This opt-out does not apply toinformation provided to the Company as part of a product purchase, warrantyregistration, product service experience, or other transactions.
· Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us touse information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliveradvertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, youcan opt out by emailing the Company.
Wedo not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serveinterest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you withways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. Youcan opt out of several third party ad servers' and networks' cookiessimultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. You can alsoaccess these websites to learn more about online behavioural advertising andhow to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of anetwork does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It doesmean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver adstailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
Thesecurity of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical,electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personalinformation from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration,and disclosure.
Thesafety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we havegiven you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts ofour Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We askyou not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful aboutgiving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards,which any Website visitor can view.
Unfortunately,the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure.Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannotguarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website.Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are notresponsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measurescontained on the Website.
Exceptas otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we willonly retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill thepurposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying anylegal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we mayanonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated withyou. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for anylegitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
CHILDRENUNDER THE AGE OF 13
OurWebsite is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowinglycollect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, donot use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of itsfeatures/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, useany of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provideany information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephonenumber, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learnwe have collected or received personal information from a child under 13without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. Ifyou believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13,please contact us at email@example.com.
Itis important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate andcurrent. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By lawyou have the right to request access to and to correct the personal informationthat we hold about you.
Ifyou want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of yourpersonal information you may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you haveprovided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if webelieve the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause theinformation to be incorrect. We may charge you a fee to access your personalinformation, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance.
Wemay request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity andyour right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that wehold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow orrequire us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personalinformation that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or madeyour personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retentionobligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to yourpersonal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to anylegal or regulatory restrictions.
Wewill provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set outin applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
· Informationprotected by solicitor-client privilege.
· Informationthat is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
· Informationthat is about another individual that would reveal their personal informationor confidential commercial information.
· Informationthat is prohibitively expensive to provide.
Ifyou are concerned about our response or would like to correct theinformation provided, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Ifyou delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your UserContributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might havebeen copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use ofinformation provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governedby our disclaimer above.
Whereyou have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of yourpersonal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consentunder certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contactus at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pleasenote that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you witha particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the timeto help you with your decision.
CONTACTINFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
Wehave procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiriesabout our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy,and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policyplease contact us using the contact information listed above.
[BJH1]Amy,I have included this in the event that you decide to monetize throughadvertising later. Let me know if you would rather remove it.